Monday, February 16, 2009

Vintage Valentines

One of my favorite local shops, The Silver Quill, is a fun place to search for vintage treasures. It is PACKED with dishes, china, kitchenware, knick-knacks, glassware, jewelry, books...old and new. On a recent trip, I snagged a bag of old greeting cards from the 40s and 50s. Some were unused, some lovingly signed with a sentiment or two. The handwriting of yesteryear is quite attractive.
One of my favorites, is this beautiful old Valentine:
Inside, it reads:
"We don't need to be reminded~~that we're sweethearts you and I.
And yet I wouldn't want to let this special day go by
Without, at least, expressing~~that I love you more each day.
For that is ONE thing, sweetheart~~that I'll always want to say.
Love, Dad xxxxx"

Love, Dad???? Is that adorable or what? Did your parents call each other Mom and Dad? Mine did!

No comments:

Post a Comment