Monday, September 16, 2013

~Weekend Pickings~

 
 
We had a fruitful weekend! Yippee! This summer has been dreadful for garage and estate sales. The pickings have been SLIM. We finally found some goodies!
 
I instantly fell in love with these beauties and knew they'd be a perfect addition to our shop.
I already listed them! Although, between you and me...even though I'm not a big fan of salt & pepper shakers, I do love vintage dog figurines and I'd kinda like to keep them. Just perfect condition.
 
Another set of vintage S & P. Very pretty birds marked Japan. I believe both sets are circa 1940-50s.
 You know how I adore old jars. We discovered this box at a nearby garage sale.
The box itself has some water damage but the contents are untouched, unused and in excellent condition.
Juice decanter BALL jars??? Never heard of them! An Internet search offered very little info. Apparently, they were produced from the late 70s through very early 80s. I guess people were not that interested in canning juice.
I'm thrilled! The jars are very unique and every box includes a plastic pouring spout lid.
They will make a great addition to the shop! I'll probably sell them individually.
Look at this! How exciting to find such an incredible antique.
A daguerreotype case with a photo of a young boy.
It even has a small, handwritten note tucked inside.
These date to the 1850s. Such a treasure!
The condition is good, with some worn spots on the case. The frame itself has some minor condition issues. The tiny latch and velvet are in great shape.
Overall, it's a lovely piece.
 
Here are a few more finds for the shop...Thanks for looking. 
 Butterfly Gold Pyrex creamer and sugar bowl.

 A blender cookbook published in 1961. Some of the recipes are quite bizarre!
 A Tang pitcher from the 70s.
This cute dachshund planter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment